Friday 4 September 2015

Bad timing slump!

Currently I am reading Queen of Shadows, but all I want to do right now is sleep and watch Netflix. I have been waiting for this book for forever, and now my brain just does not want to work. I really need to finish the book, but then I really don't want to force myself through it in case I then don't enjoy it as much as I reckon I probably will when I do read it. I've had it for about 3 days and I'm only on page 212.
Thankfully usually my slumps are pretty short, and it can usually force myself through them, I think this one is mainly a combination of my new work schedule messing up my sleeping pattern (waking up at 6.30 on your day off is not cool) and a readathon I did last month burnt me out a bit; the last alf of August I think I read about 3 books.
I really hope this slump ends soon, because the releases out this month are some I have been most excited for this month, and I don't want anything to get in the way of me getting through them all as quickly as I can.
I think there's only one solution, I need to down about a million espressos and dream of a power cut, then nothing will be getting in my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment