Tuesday 7 July 2015

Rereads

I'm being very naughty right now. I have a tonne of books to read, and yet here I am listening to the audiobooks for The Infernal Devices, making this my third read to the series. On a side note there is a woman about 2 seats down reading City of Heavenly Fire, exciting stuff.

So why the reread? I'm nt really overly sure. I wanted a good audiobook to read on my walks to and from work, bus journeys and when I want to both read and play video games. I tend to struggle with focusing on the story with audiobooks, so I am going to start using them for rereads, and let's face it, The Infernal Devices are one of the best trilogies out there. Plus, any time spent with Will Herondale is fine by me.

I usually do a reread of a book as well if I am about to start a sequel, and have forgotten what happened in the previous books, something that happens quite often with my memory being as shocking as it is. I feel a few rereads for this reason coming quite soon in my future. I've had to do a reread for every book in the Iron Fey series, and as I am yet to read the final book guess which series I will be reading again when I buy it?

Then of course we have the rereads just for purely how much I adore the books. Winner for most rereads for this reason goes to (shock horror) Harry Potter. I will take any reason to read this book; boredom, bad weather, good weather, bad mood, good mood, feeling ill, being alive, you get the picture. I'm not going to say these were the books that I first loved, that honour probably goes to a Roald Dahl book, but it is definitely my most loved. I am actually without copies of the books right now because mine all fell apart due to all the reading, and I haven't managed to afford to rebuy them, and it's really hard to get the original copies now.

Do you tend to reread a lot or are you a one read then put it on the shelf kind of person? Which books have you read the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment