Sunday 7 June 2015

Starcrossed review

Name: Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Rating: 4/5 stars
Goodreads synopsis: Destiny brought them together.
The gods will keep them apart.

When shy, awkward Helen Hamilton meets Lucas Delos for the first time, she thinks two things: the first, that he is the most ridiculously beautiful boy she has seen in her life; the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands.
An ancient curse means Lucas and Helen are destined to loathe one another. But sometimes love is stronger than hate, and not even the gods themselves can prevent what will happen next...

My thoughts

This book had a feel of Greek mythology mixed with Romeo and Juliet, with a hint of The Mortal Instruments thrown in, which made for quite a different and interesting read. I love all three of the above, so I had no problem at all in having elements of any of these being in there. In fact, the only reason I picked them up was because I'm a sucker for anything Greek (yes, despite not having read much Percy Jackson yet). The relationship kind of sneaked upon us without any explanation, but I suppose sometimes that just happens. I loved them both together anyway, so I just kind of went with it. There were some very surreal parts (not that I mind that so much) and unfortunately a couple of parts that felt rushed to the point of confusion. All in all it was a really good book, and I'm reading the second book as we speak.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I'll have to check this series out.
    On another note, I've nominated you for the Beautiful Bloggers Award! Rules are on my blog: http://erikabooksandstars.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/beautiful-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete