Sunday 28 June 2015

Glastonbury Festival

I'm back! Thanks to the lovely organisers I got a chance to go to the festival as a personal assistant to my friend and her free running group. I'd never been before, so I jumped at the chance to go. I didn't like many of the bands playing, but I didn't care, I watch it on TV every year, I was going.

And boy am I glad I did. Aside from the camping, (I am a city girl at heart, and this was one of my first ever camping trips) and the disgusting toilets, (the less said about them the better) I had an absolutely amazing time. I laughed, I danced, I sung and had rather a few drinks. I wouldn't change it for the world. I was with lovely people, if you weren't interested in the bands there was so much more going on. I actually spent most of my weekend in the circus and theatre section, where there were plenty of weird and wonderful events going on. The food I had was really good as well, not the cheapest but one meal was enough for absolutely ages for me.

I would definitely go again, especially if I could go with this group. I found it so interesting being behind the scenes. Seeing what some of the boys did in the night then going out and jumping and flipping around the next day was amazing. Even sometimes a few minutes before they were saying they couldn't be bothered, but once they got out there they were like new people, the energy they put out was incredible.




No comments:

Post a Comment