Tuesday 12 May 2015

Obsidian review

Obsidian - Jennifer L Armentrout 

When Katy and her mother move into the back end of nowhere, she instantly develops a bad vibe with her male next door neighbour. But then she befriends his twin sister, and from there things get a little bizarre, and Katy starts realising there might be slightly more to this town. Then she gets attacked, and from there things start to get dangerous, and she finally learns the truth.

I know I am ridiculously late in reading these books, but I don't think you can even buy them over in the UK unless you buy online, and better late than never, right? Delayed reading aside, I actually really enjoyed this book, we're safe in that the terrible cover doesn't in anyway relate to the quality of the story. Time just seemed to vanish while I was reading, and I probably could have finished it in one sitting if I hadn't had work yesterday afternoon.

I found Kat to be such a relateable character, she loved books and had a blog, at least half of which I think most people can relate to, and she was so quiet and never wanted any trouble. Then enter Daemon, he managed to bring out a whole other side to her, one I also rather loved. And leading on from that, the Kat/Daemon relationship. I have no idea whether I loved it or hated it, I don't think either of them truly know what they want yet, but the tension between them at points was almost flammable. I will look forward to seeing how the relationship develops over the books.

All in all this was a great book, but nothing overly new, so I will be giving it 4 out of 5 stars, and will definitely be continuing with the series.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Obsidian too. I actually got this book free on my kindle. Totally agree with your review. Though I haven't read any of the other books. Looking forward in hearing what you think.

    Newest follower,

    Lacey
    www.laceyshoelaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this series. It was a nice surprise to find out that I could fall for an alien book, even though I already knew that I liked Jennifer Armentrout. Glad that you liked it.
    New follower with Feedly. Looking forward to your posts.
    Suzi Q., The Book Dame

    ReplyDelete