Friday 8 May 2015

Fire And Flood review

This book is about a girl called Tella, whose brother is dying. One day she receives a mysterious earpiece, telling her she been invited to compete in the Brimstone Bleed - a race taking place over 4 rough terrains, including jungles and desert. Sounds crazy, yes? Why would you even agree to this? Because the prize is a cure for any illness. With a dying brother at home, who could really say no to this? But of course nothing is ever as it seems.

I really enjoyed this book. It gets a lot of negativity because it is kind of like a cross between the Hunger Games and Pokemon, but I completely fail to see how that is a negativity. It has all the potential The Hinger Games is, except I found it really exciting and found it really hard to put down. The character development was good, and the romance had a lot of sexual tension in it for me.

This book was also full of surprises, and I didn't see any of the twists coming. I found the back story for the race so intriguing, and I hope that Guy achieves his mission. The Pandora were fun to learn about, and I adore Madox, he sounds adorable! I will definitely be buying and reading the sequel to this book soon. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment