Sunday 12 April 2015

Book ban update

So it's coming up to the end of day 4 of my ban, and I must confess, I cracked. I bought 3 books today, 2 of which I had recently read on Scribd. They didn't have the 3rd so naturally I had to buy it, then the first two just happened to jump out at me.

Aside from that, I think I'm doing well, but I can feel my resolve (and slightly my sanity) slipping away, day by day. I go into book shops and just go around stroking the covers, I'm on Amazon for hours at night, just looking at all these amazing books waiting to fill my bookshelves. Sitting in a bookshop I can hear them whispering to me: "Buy us, go on. Just one of us won't hurt". And yet, I continue. I will beat this...and then probably go on a huge shopping spree and be back to stage one.

In brighter news, since I was put on this ban I have managed to get 3 books off of my tbr shelf, so not too shabby...until my Percy Jackson and Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children come along. I am actually currently reading Cinder, which I have been dying to read for absolutely ages!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment